High power density has been implemented in applications such as high-end network switches, storage systems and supercomputing. The expansion of centralized computing causes the rack power density to steadily rise in these years. As a result, the demand of Dual Feed PDUs with higher power ratings is increasing in data center field.
Traditionally, data center racks are equipped with two PDUs positioned in the rear left and right side respectively. InfraPower MD series Dual Feed PDU is designed to house two PDUs in a single chassis which only requires one side installation. Hence, this facilitates PDU setup and saves spacing. Users also benefit from the Red + Blue colored layout to distinguish the primary & secondary PDUs.
Dual ammeters are available for local current monitoring of primary & secondary PDUs. Each MD meter provides a local 3-digit RMS current measurement with accuracy ± ( 3% of the reading + 5 last digits ) RMS. The MD ammeters provide accurate local Amp measurement and help avoiding Amp overloaded. They allow an easy Amp reading, especially for limited visibility inside the rack.
It becomes one of the cable management standard to separate power and data cables inside a rack. On the one hand, it minimizes the erratic data transfer as well as EMI. On the other hand, it distinguishes the power & data cabling. BBy InfraPower Dual Feed PDU, power & data cable separation is easily achieved. In addition, space-saving design and Red + Blue distinguishable layout contribute to a well-organized rack cabling.
Power and data cables should be kept apart in order to avoid interference. It is a typical practice to isolate power cabling to one side of the rack, whether it is for primary or secondary power connection. InfraPower Dual Feed PDU series offers an efficient, convenient & space saving solution - Primary & Secondary PDUs are integrated to one unit with dual power feed.
Local Metering via LED Display
RMS current local monitoring via 3-digit RMS ammeters. Each MD meter provides a local 3-digit RMS current measurement with accuracy ± ( 3% of the reading + 5 last digits ) RMS. The blue LED display is easy-to-read from a distance and allows rapid access to the aggregate load on the circuit.
It easily prevents circuits overloads during equipment installation and allows users to plan the capacity based on actual real time current monitoring. It easily prevents circuit overloads during equipment installation and allows users to plan the capacity based on actual real time current monitoring.
Accessories & Options
Magnetic Circuit Breaker
- Hydraulic magnetic circuit breaker
- Overload switch
- Designed to prevent accidental on / off operation
- Safety Regulatory : UL / cUL / TUV / CE
- Protected load segments for increased reliability
- Overload reset button
- Safety Regulatory : UL / cUL / CSA / TUV / CCC / VDE
Electromagnetic Interference Filter
- Maintains power stability
- Suppresses conducted interference on a signal/power line
Lockable IEC Outlet
- Lockable IEC outlet PDU models are available to secure plugs and prevent accidental disconnection
- Support regular or switched IEC outlets
- Compatible with InfraPower lockable IEC power cords for outlet locking features
Fused IEC Outlet
- Prevent overload of the active equipment
- Avoid short circuiting of the entire PDU
- 10A Rated C13 outlet with 5A glass fuse
- 16A Rated C19 outlet with 10A glass fuse
Lockable IEC Colored Power Cords
- Patented design
- Proprietary for InfraPower PDU
- Applicable to standard IEC outlet in the market
- VDE & ENEC approvals
- Quality & cost effective
- Easy to lock & secure
- 6-colors : Black / Grey / Red / Blue / Orange / Green
- C13-C14 (0.75mm²) : 0.5M / 1M / 2M
- C19-C20 (1.5mm²) : 1M / 2M
Colored UK Power Cord
- Enhance cable management and visualize power sources
Blue / Red
UK – C13 (0.75 mm²): 3ft / 6ft